- All Art Teachers, K-12 as well as postsecondary, are eligible for discounts on glaze, clay and tools. Don’t forget to check out our free services for Art Teachers.
- All Ceramic Students, including K-12, postsecondary, and individuals enrolled in ceramic classes offered at any institution.
- Dealers, Studios & Retailers are eligible for wholesale discounts, providing proof of federal tax ID and vendor registration ID
- Northern Ohio Clay Guild members are eligible for a discount with proof of NOC membership.
You may return new, unopened or unused items within 14 days of purchase for a full refund. Full credit will be given for product returned because of defect or due to error on our part. If returned for any other reason, credit may be contingent upon salvage value of the returned merchandise.
Exceptions: For special ordered equipment such as kilns or wheels, we are required to follow the manufacturer’s return policy. Customers will be asked to pay any return allowances or freight charges.
Equipment & Special Purchases
Kiln Sales: We help our customers find the kiln that best fits their needs AND their budget, spending all the time necessary to be sure the kiln will arrive in order with the correct voltage, plug ins, etc. We are also happy to advise on other topics such as proper venting and kiln room preparations.
We also offer free delivery within 75 miles. Upon delivery we'll provide an overview of the kiln and basic operations, and we'll provide a free inspection after 1 year of service. Our setup includes placement and removal from the box. We can also provide training and instruction if arranged in advance.
All large equipment - kilns, potter's wheels, slab rollers, etc., are ordered from the manufacturer and may require a down payment before order is placed. We are happy to place special orders for non-stocked ceramic materials and supplies - ask for details. Special order sales are FINAL and not eligible for return.
Our truck regularly delivers within a 75 mile radius from our Ravenna location. For shipments beyond 75 miles, we can arrange special delivery with our truck or use commercial freight delivery.
For bisque producers, we can provide bulk slip delivery from 100 gallons to 750 gallons. Please contact us for a quote to arrange delivery.
Technical Support (614) 675-2031 Our staff includes clay artists and ceramists who have years of experience working with ceramic equipment and materials. We will do our best to answer technical questions on clay and glazes as well as troubleshoot equipment issues. For problems requiring greater investigation, we will contact our manufacturers on your behalf.
Health & Safety
MSDS Sheets are available upon request.
Selling Policies and Programs
Below are some of our basic policies on sales, returns and special orders. Additional policies may apply to customers with accounts.
If you are a business, institution and/or have a tax ID number you may qualify for an account - download the application here: OCS Account Application
- Mold Orders: all mold orders are prepaid. Discounts and shipping charges may apply - see the terms associated with your account - or call for details. We place orders once a month - check the Casting Molds page for the latest information.
- Equipment Orders: all equipment sales are by special order. Discounts, shipping charges and payment requirements may be applicable, according to your account status.
- Customer Pickups: orders must be picked up within 2 weeks of order (unless waiting on products). Orders not picked up will be canceled and inventory returned to stock. A restocking charge of 20% may be assessed.
- Slip and Clay preferred pricing program: we offer preferred pricing for accounts that commit to an annual forecast. Please contact us for details.
OCS Delivery Program Effective
We strive to provide the highest possible degree of customer service but also need to consider transportation costs as well as safety for our employees. We will be operating two trucks- one based at OCS in Ravenna and the second at Buckeye Ceramic Supply (Mayco) in Hilliard. We will be using both trucks to service our customers.
Regular Scheduled Delivery will be 75 mile radius of OCS and will be divided into 5 zones:
- Zone 1- area surrounding OCS within 25 miles radius.
- Zone 2- South of OCS, covering territory from Interstate 71 east to Interstate 76
- Zone 3- East of OCS, covering territory from I76 to US 11.
- Zone 4- North of OCS, From US 11 west to Interstate 77.
- Zone 5- West of OCS. From Interstate 77 south to Interstate 71.
Delivery outside of 75 miles will be scheduled as needed. We will contact customers participating in our delivery program when we will be delivering to their area. We anticipate delivering to outlying areas approximately every 6-8 weeks. Click on each image for a larger view.
Delivery Charges are based on distance from OCS:
- 25 miles (includes Akron) - $30
- 50 miles (Cleveland, Youngstown, Canton, Massillon, Wooster) - $55
- 75 miles (Polk, Hermitage) - $80
To qualify for delivery, orders must total $300 or meet minimum quantities of:
- 100 gallons of boxed slip
- 500lbs of clay
- Note: Please call us to schedule delivery of bulk slip.
Inside Delivery is available but our drivers will not traverse stairs (up or down) for safety purposes. If assistance is provided with unloading goods, there will be no charge for inside delivery. If no assistance is provided, then there will be an additional fee of $25. Liftgate Fees: $15